Check out this season’s garden tours for a bounty of inspiration.
By Teresa Woodard
This summer, garden gates across the Midwest will open to welcome guests for tours. In search of inspiration, I attend several tours and walk away with a list of ideas and renewed motivation to spruce up my own garden. Here are several don’t-miss tours.
- Old Louisville Hidden Treasures Garden (June 12)
- Cincinnati Secret Garden Tour (June 20)
- Gross Pointe (MI) Annual Garden Tour (June 26-27)
- Lake Co. (Libertyville, IN) Master Gardeners’ Garden Walk (July 11)
- St. Louis Pond-O-Rama 12th Annual Pond and Garden Tour (June 27-28)
- German Village (Columbus, OH) Haus & Garten Tour (June 28)
- Lakeside (OH) 10th Annual Garden Tour (June 29-July 2)
- Olbrich (WI) Home Garden Tour (July 10-11)
- Janesville (WI) Home Garden Tour (July 11)
- Sheboygan (WI) Area Garden Walk (July 11)
- Annual Secret Gardens of Wauwatosa (WI) Tour (July 11)
- Friendly Garden Club Walk (Traverse City, MI) (July 16)
- Sheffield (IL) 47th Annual Music Festival & Garden Walk (July 18-19)
- Westaflora (Westerville, OH) 24th Garden Tour (July 19)
- Elkhart (IN) Quilt Gardens Tour (All summer)
- Garden Conservancy’s Open Days Tours (Find a private garden tour in your area.)
What’s your favorite garden tour?