Check out this season’s garden tours for a bounty of inspiration.
By Teresa Woodard
This summer, garden gates across the Midwest will open to welcome guests for tours. In search of inspiration, I attend several tours and walk away with a list of ideas and renewed motivation to spruce up my own garden. Here are several don’t-miss tours.
- Old Louisville Hidden Treasures Garden (June 12)
- Cincinnati Secret Garden Tour (June 20)
- Gross Pointe (MI) Annual Garden Tour (June 26-27)
- Lake Co. (Libertyville, IN) Master Gardeners’ Garden Walk (July 11)
- St. Louis Pond-O-Rama 12th Annual Pond and Garden Tour (June 27-28)
- German Village (Columbus, OH) Haus & Garten Tour (June 28)
- Lakeside (OH) 10th Annual Garden Tour (June 29-July 2)
- Olbrich (WI) Home Garden Tour (July 10-11)
- Janesville (WI) Home Garden Tour (July 11)
- Sheboygan (WI) Area Garden Walk (July 11)
- Annual Secret Gardens of Wauwatosa (WI) Tour (July 11)
- Friendly Garden Club Walk (Traverse City, MI) (July 16)
- Sheffield (IL) 47th Annual Music Festival & Garden Walk (July 18-19)
- Westaflora (Westerville, OH) 24th Garden Tour (July 19)
- Elkhart (IN) Quilt Gardens Tour (All summer)
- Garden Conservancy’s Open Days Tours (Find a private garden tour in your area.)
What’s your favorite garden tour?
Thank you for including our annual WesterFlora Garden Tour. WesterFlora has come in first place for the Best Residential Garden Tour voted by Garden Club of Ohio for the third time in a row. We have great musicians that will play in the selected gardens on the day of the tour. This will be WesterFlora’s 24th continuous free garden tour. Linda Laine Publicity Chairman 614 891-5599